2 South African agencies awarded at the Gerety Awards
The winners of the Gerety Awards 2022 have been announced.
The Gerety Awards are the only creative award to recognize advertising campaigns that resonate the most with a female audience.
South African winners include a silver in the Innovation Cut – NuGen for Colgate by VMLY&R Cape Town and a silver in the Work for Good Cut – In Our Own Words for Cadbury South Africa by Ogilvy Johannesburg.
In total, the Gerety Awards 2022 jury awarded five Grand Prizes, 34 Gold, 58 Silver, 77 Bronze, with 139 entries remaining on the shortlist. Grand Prix were awarded to Bodyform/Libresse, vice mediaChannel 4 and Whirlpool.
With judging sessions held around the world every year, Gerety brings together some of the most notable creative leaders to look at work from a female perspective, rewarding all types of creative excellence, whatever the credits name.
Grand Prix winners
- Grand Prize for Illustration in Craft Cut: #PainStories, Bodyform/Libresse by AMVBBDO, UK
- Grand Prize for Alternative Media in the Communication Cup: Unfiltered Historical Tour, vice mediaInstagram AR Filters by Dentsu Webchutney India
- Grand Prize for Craft Cut Editing: Great. Human. Channel 4, Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games by Final Cut UK
- Mobile Grand Prize in the Cut Experience: Unfiltered Historical Tour, vice mediaInstagram AR Filters by Dentsu Webchutney India
- Innovation Cut Product and Packaging Design Grand Prize: Plasticoff, Whirlpool by VMLY&R Mexico City, Mexico
Madonna Badger, Grand Jury Member, Founder and Chief Creative Officer of Badger Agency, said: “Serving on a Gerety Award panel is an honor and a privilege. Frances Gerety was a legendary woman in advertising. And like most creative women, she enjoyed great work, regardless of the gender of whoever created it.The work, however, is judged through a female lens, which is so unique and very important to our industry.
Yetunde Adesina, MD/CEO Prima Garnet and Grand Jury Member for Nigeria said, “Being a grand juror for this year’s Gerety Award has been a great experience: it was nice to meet colleagues from different parts of the world and to engage in interesting conversations. I have seen, listened to and rated incredible work, some of which was very inspiring.
To see all the 2022 winners, go here.